Like phishing, malware is a major security concern for businesses of all size. It is malicious software which enters your computer via infected drives, unreliable downloads and networks. Some of the infamous types of malware are viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, adware and spyware. Malware can steal information; damage data and affect your computer performance. Watch this video regarding Malware:
What to do?
- Install business class anti-virus technology
- Update software, OS, browsers and anti-malware with latest patches
- Avoid visiting or downloading from unreliable sites
- Scan all the devices like flash drives or HDD before accepting the files
- Don’t trust pop-ups with lucrative offers